I cannot use Service desk projects after installing Service Desk

Andy May 30, 2017

Hello!

I've set up Jira Software (evalution) and Jira Service desk. 

I've made new service desk project, set up SLAs, queues and reporting there, and everything was OK.

Then I installed Jira Core (don't ask me why :))). And suddenly my service desk project turned into regular project without any SLAs and queues.

See the screenshot - you'll see there that green icon indicating that this is service desk, but no special functions available.

Also, I cannot create new service desk project - there is no such template there in wizard :(

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 30, 2017

JIRA Service Desk and JIRA Software are applications that run inside a JIRA Core installation.  If you've installed either of these, you have Core running already.

From what you've said here, I suspect you're installed Core over the top of an existing Software/SD, which would have removed them.

Can you check under Admin -> manage applications to see whether JSD and Software are installed, licenced and active?

Andy May 30, 2017

Hello. You are right that I hsve installed core over them. I deleted and activated them once again (actually several times), they are licensed, but nothing changed.

Suggest an answer