I cannot see JIRA Accept remote API calls option

Abel Aneiros September 22, 2015

Hi there,

I'm part of the "JIRA Administrators" group in our https://XXXXX.atlassian.net and I cannot see the "Accept remote API calls option"

I would like to know why?

Regards,

Abel

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2015

Yes, it's a restricted function that you won't get on Cloud.  The option is switched on by default.

Abel Aneiros September 23, 2015

is it possible to connect to JIRA on the Cloud from my Eclipse using the mylyn connector? I'm trying and I got "No JIRA repository found at location. Invalid URL or proxy problem." I'm using https://XXXXX.atlassian.net as a Server

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2015

I've not used the connector so I'm not 100% sure, but I suspect you need to use the REST API url, rather than the base of the server! The Mylyn docs should tell you

Abel Aneiros September 24, 2015

I used to work with in-house-hosted JIRA and we used the same URL

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2015

Hmm. From memory, Mylyn used to use SOAP, which was deprecated ages ago and turned off completely this year. Is the version of Mylyn you're using recent enough to be using *just* REST?

Fred Schroeder February 2, 2016

sorry I got a licensed local (Server) JIRA on my notebook but the option "Accept remote API calls" which I need to connect MSProject/Ceptah (or MSProject/The Connector) for Synchronisation is not present in the menue "Project Import", "External System Import". Even I have no idea how to link MSProject/Ceptah with JIRA. Is there a guide in the documentation?

Many Thanks for any help

Fred

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2016

The option was never in the imports, it was in general configuration.  It's been removed from later versions of JIRA as it needs to be on for some of the internal stuff to work now, so there is no option any more.  It's on.

I don't know Ceptah well enough to guide you on that end, what does their documentation say?

Suggest an answer