I cannot create a new project

Joyce Lowies January 27, 2016

Hello!

I'm having some difficulties creating a new project in Jira. Short time ago we got Confluence and I assume that the problem has something to do with that, but I don't know for sure.

Can you please help me? I and my colleagues are realy stuck!

Thanks in advance!

Joyce Lowies

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2016

You already have a project with that name and key.   You can't create it because it's already there.

Not being able to create a scrum board is a totally different issue, and is probably down to Emiel not having admin rights in the project.

Joyce Lowies January 28, 2016

That's right and I understand I cannot create a project that's already there, but the problem is that this is the project I created before but couldn't see later in the list.

I tried to create a project with the same name, but .nl behind it, and that also didn't work. I cannot find out why that is. 

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

If project key was used once, for example AAA, an then was changed to BBB, project key AAA can not be used anyway. Never. If you are curious about when this key was used you could excute this select statement on database:

Select
	project_key.*
from
	project_key
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2016

I'd guess that your account does not have the rights to "browse project" in that project.

As an admin, you will see the project in the list of projects in the admin section, and you can check the permissions from there.

Joyce Lowies January 28, 2016

That's weird because I have the site admin rights and I always can create projects. To be clear: I know cannot create any project with any kind of name. 

How can I fix this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 28, 2016

Fix what?  You can't create duplicate projects, and your "missing" project is almost certainly down to the permissions which we've covered already.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2016

If your account has a "JIRA Admin" permission, go to your permission schemes and you could add your account (or the group jira-administrators whatever you like) in all the Permission Schemes for the role named "Browser Project".

0 votes
Joyce Lowies January 27, 2016

I first tried to create a project (name TMC) and everything seemed to be alright. But later I couldn't s28-1-2016 11-08-37.pngee the project in my projects list.

When I tried again to create the project I got the error below. The system says the project TMC already exists.

Emiel, the person who works on the project can see the project, but he cannot create a scrumboard within the project.

0 votes
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2016

Could you provide more detailed information about error?

Suggest an answer