I can't seem to see Burn-up charts

Rominder Dodd December 9, 2019

Hi there. We have Jira v8.2.3. We have sprints set up in Scrum and I'm trying to see the option of Burn up charts. 

In reports I see:

Sprint report, Epic report, Epic burndown, version report, release burndown, velocity chart, control chart, cumulative flow diagram. But no burn up chart. 

Am I missing something?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2019

Hi Rominder and Welcome,

Burn-Up charts are only available on Jira Cloud and not on Jira Server.

Apart form that are only available for next-gen or Scrum Software project not for all kind of projects on Cloud.

Did your project meets the requirements?

References;

Regards

1 vote
Steve Peterson October 14, 2020

You are not missing anything and it's ridiculous why Jira doesn't comply with standard agile best practices by providing standard reports out of the box.  They have added a burn-up report, but only at the sprint level, which does absolutely nothing for reporting on the progress for a release, which is what burnup charts are typically used for.  Why would Jira provide a burnup report and NOT make it for a given release (fix version)?  Makes no sense.   

1 vote
Rominder Dodd January 8, 2020

Thanks. It is going to be coming in a forthcoming release 8.6

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-8-6-x-release-notes-978220007.html#JiraSoftware8.6.xreleasenotes-burnup

Hopefully we get it soon!

0 votes
Danut M _StonikByte_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2020

Hi @Rominder Dodd ,

You could try our app Great Gadgets for Jira Server or Great Gadgets for Jira Cloud.

It offers all the gadgets you need for tracking Scrum / Kanban projects and includes a release/sprint burndup chart. 

Danut

Suggest an answer