I can't see my comments in JIRA anymore

Michael Broderick August 18, 2015

The comment section does not show any previous comments made by myself or anyone else.

4 answers

3 votes
Ayushya Chitransh April 30, 2019

Same issue happened with me, and in my case, it was resolved by clicking the 'Activity' button below the issue description. That button toggles the display of issues.

Ryan Joseph Rajan May 3, 2019

Helped. Thank you.

Richard Cross May 23, 2019

Yes, it's a failing in the Ux design, I feel.  If sections of a page can be collapsed, it should be really obvious how to expand them again. 

I've had many users complain, thinking their permissions had been tinkered with.

0 votes
Paulo Hennig
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 18, 2015

Hello Michael,

Not sure if I got very clearly your doubt, if the responses ahead do not help you on this case, can we have a clarification (screenshot) ? Are other users facing this problem ?

In additional, try to filter your log files to your username and check if happened any error during any operation.

0 votes
michael_ngangom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

You can check if you have the right permission.

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2015

Check if there are any restrictions placed on the comments. Users can restrict comment visibility to project roles. And it is possible that you may be removed from the project role which is why you cannot see the comments anymore.

Pilar

Suggest an answer