I can't modify from an issue type to another one after a change of workflow.

Jose Romero April 28, 2016

I created a workflow and I associate Epic issues and Resume issues (my own issue type) to it. However, the others issues were still in original workflow. Thus, I’m using two different workflows in the same project and when I try to edit and issue changing it from a (regular) Task to Epic or Resume, these last two one don’t appear as a choice.

(Actually a message tells me “that many issue type are not available due to a field configuration problem or associating with workflows” and if I change again and I only use the original workflow, it’s available for modifying issue types)

How can I solve it? Because it’s really important for me to use two workflows.

Thanks in advanced.

José Romero

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Vijay Khacharia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2016

As the message says.

There are no issue types with compatible field configuration and/or workflow associations. The issue type can only be changed by moving this issue.

You can move the issue and change the Issue Type letting it in same project.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/moving-an-issue-185729549.html

Deleted user April 29, 2016

To rephrase what Vijay said;

You can only use the drop down in the edit screen to change issues using the same workflow. If they use different workflows, then as Vijay pointed out, you have to "Move" them.

Jose Romero April 29, 2016

Thanks both of you smile

I didn't Know that. It works.

Suggest an answer