I can't get JIRA installed

Brian Cummings March 29, 2014
Bad day. Upgrade of JIRA 6.0.5 to 6.2.1 did not install the service. My attempts to fix hosed it up so bad, I just deleted it all. I decided to start with a clean 6.2.1 install; however, after I install, it tells me my key is too old (even though it is not), and it requires an admin user/password to proceed. Of course since this is a clean install, there is no admin user/password. I have tried a million things to get anything to install, but all attempts have failed. How can I proceed? It mentions a switch that will override that I can apply to the JIRA start, but when I apply the switch, the installation is still requiring a username and password to get past the bogus license issue. PLEASE HELP!!!

1 answer

1 vote
Daniel Watania March 29, 2014

Hi Brian,

I think you have mistakenly click on Move to Answers button in the JIRA Support :)

However, for the sake of this thread, I will post the workaround that helped you fix the curent problem:

• Update license directly via database
    1. Run the following query, replacing PutLicenseHere with the actual license
      update propertytext 
      set propertyvalue = 'PutLicenseHere' 
      where ID = (SELECT pt.id FROM propertytext pt JOIN propertyentry pe ON pt.id = pe.id
 WHERE property_key = 'License20');

2. Restart JIRA server

Have a good day :)

Suggest an answer