I can't find the edit button

Colin Walker May 20, 2015

Hi there,

I am using a trial version of JIRA with Zephyr while waiting for our companies PO to come through. While playing with Zephyr i have created some test cases. I can't figure out how to edit them though, as although documentation states there should be an edit button on the top left, it doesn't show for me. I am an admin so would expect it to show.

thanks in advance,

Colin

2 answers

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 20, 2015

Hello Colin,

A cool feature that JIRA has that helps to manage and see permissions for projects is the Permission Helper. You can go to Administration > Add-ons > Admin Helper > Permission Helper. Here, fill the issue key, username and permission that you would like to check and the plugin will tell you if you can do that action in that ticket and why you can (or can't). 

Cheers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2015

Being an admin doesn't automatically add you all project-specific permissions.

You should go to that project's Permissions Scheme and add your user to the Edit Issues setting (or a group you are part of, for example the Jira Administrators group you can add to this setting).

More info: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer