I can't find "Board > Configure"

Hector Viveros February 11, 2017

I can't find "Board > Configure" in order to configure Estimations and Tracking. My user belongs to all admin groups. A screen shot of the mentioned option would be helpful

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2017

Look at the top right hand corner of your board, for the board menu button, and look in there.

If you don't have configure in there, then you will need to talk to one of the board admins about getting yourself added to the board as an admin.

Hector Viveros February 12, 2017

Ok, your documentation sucks !! (or is not updated). sad

It says: "Board > configure"

It should say: "... button > Board settings > Estimations"

Wouldn't it be better if you inlclude a screen shot ?!?!?

So, your answer was partially useful. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2017

<sigh>

You asked about "Board -> Configure", so I answered that, because your question clearly stated that you could not find that.

The estimates are under there.  Again, reading properly would have taken you there.

Rob Woodgate
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2017

Hi Hector,

Atlassian Answers is a user forum where experienced users such as Nic freely offer help and information to less experienced users such as you.  It's not an official support channel and it's only lightly policed by Atlassian staff, mainly to remove spammers or abusive posters.

If you'd like to give Atlassian your opinions on their documentation then by all means raise a support ticket or log a feature request/bug at https://jira.atlassian.com/.

To answer your question about it being better to include a screenshot, I suspect they haven't put a screenshot into that page because if a user doesn't even know how to access board settings then they're unlikely to be an administrator. 

Like _INACTIVE_ Raf Mertens likes this
Hector Viveros February 13, 2017

Nic, Rob,

I have to apologize to you both. 

I'm totally new to Jira and I thought this was an oficial support chanel. I assumed I was going to be talking to an Atlassian employee.

Now, I understand that in a very stupid way I directed my anger to the wrong person. 

Very sorry for that.

And Nic, just to clarify, I asked for Board > Configure, because that is exactly what Jira's online documentation says, that's why I mentioned that the documentation is wrong.

Anyway, sorry again and thanks for make me realize about my mistake. 

Amin Mohammad Zahedi December 4, 2021

Hello @Nic Brough -Adaptavist-

I would like to change the estimation statistics to hours. but i cannot find it any where.

There is ‘manage workflow’ and "configure board" (which do not include "estimation statistics"). in the settings i have here for my board only settings for "Columns and statuses" is displayed.

mentioning that i have a scrum board.

Could you please assist on this?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2021

There are a lot of board types in Jira now.

If you only have "columns and status" configuration options, then my guess is that you are looking at a Scrum board in a team-managed project, which doesn't support anything other than story points as the estimation statistic.

Amin Mohammad Zahedi December 4, 2021

thanks!

what type supports the estimation statistic?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 4, 2021

Jira Software boards, which you can create from inside company-managed projects.

Suggest an answer