I can't find my custom field using JQUERY in JIRA!

Deleted user July 20, 2014

Hello..

I've imported Redmine data to JIRA

Also Custom Field was made..

However when I tried to find a data using by Custom Field I've made, I couldn't use it..

"CF is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type."

How can i solve it.?

4 answers

0 votes
Deleted user July 21, 2014

ohh.....I understand and it works...
thx for your help..:)

0 votes
Deleted user July 20, 2014

is it possible change in DB to use fielter????

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

You don't need to do such change and it is not recommended.

If you want that some custom field is visible to more or to all projects/issue types than you need to change scope (e.g. make it global to be visible for all projects and issue types...)

Link to Custom field configuration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field

You need to change context.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2014

Explanation from documentation:

• Why can't I find the field I want to choose? Some fields are only valid for a particular project/issue type context, see Configuring Fields and Screens for details. For these fields, you must select the applicable project/issue type. Otherwise, the field is not available for selection.

• Why are the field criteria displaying in grey text? Some fields are only valid for a particular project/issue type context, see Configuring Fields and Screens for details. If you choose a field in your search, then remove all projects/issue types that reference the field, then the field is invalid. The invalid field does not apply to your search and displays in grey text.

• Why is there a red exclamation mark in my field? Some field values are only valid for a particular project/issue type context. For example, you may have configured a project to use a status In QA Review in its workflow. If you select this project and status in your search, then change the search to filter for a project that doesn't use n QA Review, the status will be invalid and ignored in the search.

0 votes
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2014

If your custom field has scope limitation (project or issue type) try to limit query to the proper project (and/or proper issue type).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events