I can't find my custom field using JQUERY in JIRA!

Hello..

I've imported Redmine data to JIRA

Also Custom Field was made..

However when I tried to find a data using by Custom Field I've made, I couldn't use it..

"CF is not applicable for the current project and/or issue type."

How can i solve it.?

4 answers

If your custom field has scope limitation (project or issue type) try to limit query to the proper project (and/or proper issue type).

Explanation from documentation:

• Why can't I find the field I want to choose? Some fields are only valid for a particular project/issue type context, see Configuring Fields and Screens for details. For these fields, you must select the applicable project/issue type. Otherwise, the field is not available for selection.

• Why are the field criteria displaying in grey text? Some fields are only valid for a particular project/issue type context, see Configuring Fields and Screens for details. If you choose a field in your search, then remove all projects/issue types that reference the field, then the field is invalid. The invalid field does not apply to your search and displays in grey text.

• Why is there a red exclamation mark in my field? Some field values are only valid for a particular project/issue type context. For example, you may have configured a project to use a status In QA Review in its workflow. If you select this project and status in your search, then change the search to filter for a project that doesn't use n QA Review, the status will be invalid and ignored in the search.

is it possible change in DB to use fielter????

You don't need to do such change and it is not recommended.

If you want that some custom field is visible to more or to all projects/issue types than you need to change scope (e.g. make it global to be visible for all projects and issue types...)

Link to Custom field configuration:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field

You need to change context.

ohh.....I understand and it works...
thx for your help..:)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,316 views 14 20
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot