I can't find a method in the API allowing me to pass the actual content of the attachments to JIRA

Swaroop VJ April 28, 2013

We are trying to integrate JIRA With SysAid.

When I looked into the API, I could only find one method called "setAttachmentsName(String[] names)", which I assume allow me to pass the attachments names I want to send to JIRA.

The issue is that I can't find a method in the API allowing me to pass the actual content of the attachments to JIRA.

Thansk

Swaroop

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Check out the AttachmentManager. The various createAttachment methods give you different options.

0 votes
David Lemon April 28, 2013

agree with @jobin! well createAttachment() in ComponentAccessor.getAttachmentManager can help you out for your problem!

and using some java Filehandeling.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2013

Some of the code is in the class files, some of the code is in the Javascripts. You should inspect the source code when you're trying to attach files to JIRA.

You basically need to replicate the attachment form and grab the proper form parameters in your class file.

Suggest an answer