I can't create issues in Jira.

Vickie Gal August 16, 2017

Every time I try and save I receive the following error message :I have re-indexed but I still receive this message (see screen shot below)

I have re-indexed and I am still seeing the same error message

This is affecting all staff that are trying to create issues.

Can you please tell me if there is anything I can do to fix this error or if this is an Atlassian error globally

Screenshot 2017-08-17 at 06.46.35.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

Do you have the field Technical Specifications on the screen? It looks like it is set as required in the Field configuration for the project, so you need to either add the field to the screen or make the field optional.

Hi Mikael,

I have never seen this error before and I have always been able to create issues without any trouble.

I am not sure where this screen would be

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 16, 2017

Do you have admin permission in JIRA? In order to change the screen/field configurations you need admin rights, so if you do not have it you should check with your JIRA admin and see if they made changes to the field configuration.

I have admin rights, but there are a number of people with admin rights 

Are you able to tell me where the screen sits and I can have a look to see if it has been changed

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 16, 2017

The screen configuration is under JIRA Administration > Issues > Screens. If you are using multiple screens in the project, it might be easier to look under the Project configuration and see which Screen is being used when you Create an issue.

You should also check and see if the field configuration is being shared with other projects. If it is and you do not want the field to be required you need to create a new field configuration for this project.

Ok thanks.. I will try and check this 

Thanks for your help... 

All fixed now... thanks Mikael.. 

Suggest an answer