I can't create a project

Guido Guasqui January 23, 2014

I'm having problems when I try to create a project. At first, when I went to Projects > Create this error message showed up each time: An error occurred while trying to contact JIRA

Now when I select Projects it shows me the test project (TST) and a couple more from the Atlassian Products and Common Modules lists (because those were the last one I went into), and the option "View all Projects". The "create" option is no more and I've never been able to create mine.

I'm kind of lost by now. I used JIRA before but never as a total admin, I'm creating the whole project this time but I ran into this and I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Guido Guasqui February 9, 2014

I had admin permissions already, I don't know what happened. It's working now. Thanks anyway!

1 vote
RicardoA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2014

Hi Guido

You need to check if your user have permissions to create a project. Only a administrator can create a project, so first check if your user is associated to jira-administrators.

Please refer to: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Create+a+project

Hope it helps,

Ricardo Carracedo

Suggest an answer