I can't change the assignee on one of my Projects.

Michael Osborne July 9, 2015

It used to work so I must have changed something.

4 answers

5 votes
Michael Osborne July 10, 2015

Found the issue!  I added the Assignee back to the Create Screen and now the Assignee is editable.  I did not want the Assignee modifiable on Create as ALL issue must be vetted by only one person.  Oh well.

Thanks for your help.

Jane Brooks May 28, 2019

We have the same requirement. To solve, we have a different screen for Create Issue than for View and Edit. In View and Edit the Assignee field is included. The Create Issue screen only includes the fields the fields we want the person creating the issue to see. Therefore, for our needs, Assignee and Reporter are left off, and the person who vets the requests enters those field values.

For one of our projects, this also allows us to automate the Assignee and Reporter based on the value in one of our required fields (line of business).

Hope this helps!

1 vote
Jane Brooks November 27, 2018

Do you have a separate View/Edit screen? We do, and when I put the Assignee field in View/Edit it's not exposed in our intake form (Create screen) but it's editable. Then you can turn off the assign issues permission for your requesters without losing functionality they need or inviting chaos.

1 vote
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 9, 2015

Being able to assign issues comes from two permissions. You should have the assign issues permissions and the other user should have the Assignable user permission in the respective project. Can you check that and let me know.

Tarek Khalil May 28, 2019

Also be sure after changing / assigning new permissions, sign out and sign in again for the permissions to take effect.

Rajni_Singla July 17, 2019

What if these are already added ? Still they are unable to assign it to some other person

Firefox_Screenshot_2019-07-18T06-02-37.025Z.png

0 votes
Michael Osborne July 10, 2015

Both Permissions are identical to another project that I can change the Assignee.

Suggest an answer