I can't add a specific customer to the Jira Service Desk

Irina Afonina May 19, 2017

This user was previsouly created as Jira Software user. Then it was deactivated and removed from Software. When I'm trying to add him as Jira Service Desk user he is not added. There is no any error either. When I add other users works great.

1 answer

0 votes
Binisha May 19, 2017

How are you adding him as service desk user?

Irina Afonina May 21, 2017

I have added as I wrote above 1 user successfully. When started to add this specific user, its not adding. I have took 3 user (which also never been created as Jira Software user) and he was added successfully.

Its not the question how I add, if I could add another 2 users, but seems somewhere a bug. If user have been Jira Software user and then have been removed from there and being added as Jira Service Desk.

Thank you.

Emily Morgan September 1, 2020

If the user had previously an account, and their account is now disabled, you'll have to re-enable it to add them as customers.

However, for their account to no be licensed (to avoid extra charges) and act exactly as a portal-only customer account would, you can remove their application accesses while granting them access to your site.

Their account should look like this:

Jira Customer Access Only.PNG

Like # people like this
Taylor February 22, 2021

Can someone re-share the visual / screenshot here? I keep running into this issue when trying to add customers that use to have licenses. 

Is there a bug tracking this issue? Seems a bit wild this behaviour considering how a customer status is intended for users w/o licenses.

Emily Morgan May 4, 2021

Jira Customer Access Only.PNGHere is the image. I added it back to the original post as well. 

FYI: The original post is what I received from Jira Support when reaching out for help. 

Suggest an answer