I can not login to Jira Software after importing the restore Sql file to my Local DB

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 18, 2018

Hello everybody again,

Quick info:

Everthing is going fine until the moment that i'm importing the Restore Sql file to my test DB. Aaaaaaand i can't login !!!!! (while im using the user + pass from the real Jira (i have admin privileges )).

I have also tried to follow these instructions too.. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/unable-to-login-jira-after-restoring-from-backup-780864242.html but with no success :( 

I can't think something else to do and also an appropriate question to search for!!!

Hope someone have already found a solution to this!

more info too from log file...

2018-09-18 12:41:13,838 http-nio-8085-exec-20 ERROR anonymous 761x62x1 vg8wbw 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.c.manager.application.ApplicationServiceGeneric] Directory 'RV Crowd Server' is not functional during authentication of 'chmoi'. Skipped.

2018-09-18 12:41:13,838 http-nio-8085-exec-20 ERROR anonymous 761x62x1 vg8wbw 0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1 /rest/gadget/1.0/login [c.a.j.security.login.JiraSeraphAuthenticator] Error occurred while trying to authenticate user 'chmoi'.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

@Christos Moysiadis Let me get to the office and I will send you couple links on what should be done before and after an upgrade.

Every Jira instance has an internal directory that can be accessed using admin credentials. Atlassian knee that after upgrades sometimes people can no longer access the application especially if they are using Crowd/AD/....

Your application admin should have those credentials somewhere so that he/she can access the app and then make some adjustments.

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2018

@Christos Moysiadiswhat version of JIRA are you on?

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2018

@Fadoua

Jira Software 7.3.5

JIRA Service Desk 3.4.2

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 19, 2018
Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2018

@Fadoua no prob.... everythings ok!

I'm thanking you a lot for your advices !!! I'll take a close look to the links and i will contact you soon when the upgrade is finished ;)

PS. I have also the local admin password too (from Main Admin) :D

Thank yooooou

Best regards

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2018

@Christos Moysiadis With pleasure. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions here within community there are so many skilled champions to help.

Last please accept my answer so it gets added to my profile 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2018

@Christos Moysiadis Thank you for accepting my answer!

Come back if you have any other questions.

Have a great day! :)

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2018

@Fadoua Thank you again!

But let me add something more here ... just if someone has the same problem...

1. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Need-to-change-authentication-order-via-SQL-commands/qaq-p/593584
  2. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/retrieving-the-jira-administrator-192836.html?_ga=2.28263228.1484291283.1537165360-1938937311.1527851456

These two links will be necessary, if an Administrator changes the password and doesn't make the favor to mention it to the others :P 

Best regards to everyone who reaches this post someday !!!

0 votes
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2018

Hi @Christos Moysiadis,

How do you usually authenticate to JIRA? Did you try to log in using the admin account available in JIRA internal Directory? That one should work.

Best,

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

auth.pngauth2.png

these two pics are from my server.xml file .... Is there any difference if i comment the one and uncomment the other?

@Fadoua sorry if i say something wrong ... im really new to the whole thing 

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2018

@Christos Moysiadiswe all are learning, you are not saying anything wrong. From experience we avoid making changes to server.xml only if we are using some specific ports numbers otherwise we keep the file untouched.

The error from the logs is that JIRA can not talk to crowd is that correct? If yes you will have to log in using a localadmin account that is always available in JIRA Internal Directory. Once logged in you can make Crowd the primary.

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 18, 2018

@Fadoua thank you for your patience.

Yes as i see too the problem is caused because of the crowd... 

I'll try to come in contact with the Main Admin of the system and give me access to the localadmin acc. Maybe this can correct everything :)  

Thnx a lot again @Fadoua

Christos Moysiadis
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 19, 2018

@Fadoua is it necessary to install a local Crowd Server and redirect everything pointing to the local Server,  to make an upgrade to the Jira Software? 

Because something like this is not mentioned to the Upgrade tutorials!!! (or i haven't see it)

So to make it more clear!!!!

My Jira Instance is composed from:

1. Crowd & LDAP
  2. Jira Software/Core + Service Desk

Is this information changing anything to the way that i should deal with the Upgrade process?

PS_1 ... i'm discovering all the time small issues that i didnt know that exist! :O 

PS_2 ... I thought that it was simplier as it looked like.... 

Suggest an answer