I can no longer see the Development Tools

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

Trying to trouble shoot the reason for this. We have upgraded our dev env to 7.1.2 and stage env to 7.1.9.

I am not sure if this is an issue because of the upgrade, or other possible changes in the environments.

The repo sync between JIRA and GitHub still works, but the users can not see the development tools.

Does anyone know of any known issues?

1 answer

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2016

Are they still licensed for JIRA Software?

Do they have explicit permissions to View Developer Tools?

Jeanne Howe
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2016

Steven,

Yes, they are still licensed and View Developer Tools is set in the permissions scheme.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 8, 2016

Unfortunately I am not certain I can assist further. It may be beneficial to open a ticket at https://support.atlassian.com.

In order to see developer tools all permissions need to be in line. Specifically Developer tools are restricted to JIRA Software users and those users that have View Development Tools permissions. If both of those requirements are met there should be no issue.

It may be worthwhile to view the log files and ensure there is no issue when attempting to view an issue that is supposed to have said view.

Suggest an answer