I can delete users but I can't deactivate them.

Brandon Wanamaker April 10, 2013

I've read the manual, but there is no option to deactivate a user as per the manual. I can delete them, though.

My main issue is that even though I've removed the users from the app, the users still popup as if they still exist when I attempt to assign a JIRA project or share with them a Confluence page.

Maybe I've done all that is possible at this point, but i would like to be sure the user cannot login and they stop coming up when assigned or inviting users.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2013

As Ramiro said, to deactivate a user you must disable them, and also remove it from jira-users and jira-administrators groups.

However, the user will still be on the database. This happens because the user can be the creator of content, so this information will remain.

Cheers!

Brandon Wanamaker April 17, 2013

These step have been taken, but it seems that as I'm typing an assignee in JIRA or look at my user list in Confluence, all the old users are still there. It would be nice for them to be out of the way completely, except in the global user list where they can be activated/deactivated.

Is this the case or am I missing something else?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

If they are listed on the assignee field is because they are part of the project. You have to check if they are part of any group who is configured in the project permission. This user shouldn't have the permissions to see the project.

Brandon Wanamaker April 17, 2013

They are members of 0 groups and have 0 roles. I've checked the application list and I see they not counting against the licenses, but I know my boss is going to ask why they are still there when I start training him on how to use it. I also just wanted it cleaned up. They are assigned to issues in the project, if that makes any difference.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

That shouldn't be a difference... Can you check in the assignable user permission in the project they show in the list? I got to say I did tried some things in my Jira but I can't reproduce this... Maybe doing a reindex?

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2013

Hi Brandon, to deactivate a user you have to remove him from the jira-user in the case of Jira, if any user it's not in that group then it doesn't count in your license.

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer