I can copy a test into one of Jira's other stories.

CArlos Monzon May 5, 2021

help me!

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 5, 2021

Hi Carlos,

If I understand your question here, you have a test case of some kind and want to be able to copy that test into another issue in Jira.  Jira itself does not offer test management functionality out-of-the-box, however there are lots of 3rd party plugins to Jira that offer test execution functions, such as xray, zephyr, testrail, qmetry, synapseRT, and a lot more which can be found in our marketplace.

As we do not know which particular one you are using here, I cannot say for sure if how to do this or even if this is possible, as this is not a function that Jira provides directly.  Perhaps if we can learn which plugin you are using here, then we can consult the documentation of that plugin to learn more here.  It might also help to reach out to the specific vendor of that plugin for help here as they will know far more about the abilities and limitation of their plugin.

If you do not know what plugin/app is doing this, then you might want to have your Jira Admin consult the Manage Apps section within the administration menu of Jira.  An admin can also follow Managing apps to see and manage the other apps that Jira is running with.

Let us know if you have any followup concerns here.

Andy

0 votes
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2021

Hi, @CArlos Monzon !

Welcome to the Community!

Of course yes, you can clone issues if you have that permission in project - Cloning an issue. 

Suggest an answer