• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I am wondering how I can create a filter view to view issues submitted submitted the previous day after 6:30 PM for during the week and for weekends issues submitted after 6:30 on Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday

I am wondering how I can create a filter view to view issues submitted submitted the previous day after 6:30 PM for during the week and for weekends issues submitted after 6:30 on Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday

1 answer

0 vote

Hello Liat, by what I understood, you need a dynamic filter and not specific dates, correct? 

There was a doubt like yours some time ago, follow here: documentation.

But keeping it short, I'll quote a previous answer:

"You can get half way there with some JQL functions built-in (startOfWeek(), startOfMonth()), but it's not like a cron pattern.

Maybe you could compose a horrible query that goes something like this: created > startOfWeek(7h) AND created <= startOfWeek(17h) OR created > startOfWeek(31h) AND created <= startOfWeek(41h)...

I'm afraid you'll have to create your own JQL function using ScriptRunner, unless somebody else knows of a plugin that does more flexible queries based on times."

I don't know your JIRA version, but you can check JIRA quick filters with more information of how to edit it as well.

I think that would be the simplest way to do it, I hope this helps you.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

How large do you think Jira Software can grow?

Hi Atlassian Community! My name is Shana, and I’m on the Jira Software team. One of the many reasons this Community exists is to connect you to others on similar product journeys or with comparabl...

443 views 6 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you