• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am wondering how I can create a filter view to view issues submitted submitted the previous day after 6:30 PM for during the week and for weekends issues submitted after 6:30 on Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday

I am wondering how I can create a filter view to view issues submitted submitted the previous day after 6:30 PM for during the week and for weekends issues submitted after 6:30 on Friday, all day Saturday, and all day Sunday

Liat Dunkelman August 30, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Lorenzo Bueno
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2016

Hello Liat, by what I understood, you need a dynamic filter and not specific dates, correct? 

There was a doubt like yours some time ago, follow here: documentation.

But keeping it short, I'll quote a previous answer:

"You can get half way there with some JQL functions built-in (startOfWeek(), startOfMonth()), but it's not like a cron pattern.

Maybe you could compose a horrible query that goes something like this: created > startOfWeek(7h) AND created <= startOfWeek(17h) OR created > startOfWeek(31h) AND created <= startOfWeek(41h)...

I'm afraid you'll have to create your own JQL function using ScriptRunner, unless somebody else knows of a plugin that does more flexible queries based on times."

I don't know your JIRA version, but you can check JIRA quick filters with more information of how to edit it as well.

I think that would be the simplest way to do it, I hope this helps you.

Suggest an answer