It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
  • Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I am upgrading to JIRA 4.4.3 on mysql, and I am looking for a recommendation regarding case-insensitive or case-sensitive collation

I am upgrading to JIRA 4.4.3 on mysql, and I am looking for a recommendation regarding case-insensitive or case-sensitive collation

Adam Sedillo-Glatt Oct 26, 2011

Here is what I found when searching for information on this:

Confluence recommendation best described here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-14213

This page doesn't mention it so I assume it is default, case insensitive: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+JIRA+to+MySQL

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi Adam,

You should always configure your MySQL database to be case-sensitive to avoid problems where MySQL treats similar entries as duplicates. However, I see that the latest version of the documents have now been updated to include an entry regarding case sensitive collation.

All the best,
John

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

2,173 views 6 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you