I am unable to view assignee name in dropdown though access has been granted to user.

Anup.Tiwari April 6, 2017

Hi,

I am new to JIRA. I am facing issue related to Assignee. I have created user-id for the user, however after doing soo, I am still unable to view assignee name while assigning particular request.

Plz help.

Regards,

Anup

2 answers

2 votes
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2017

Hi Anup, in addition to Sam's correct answer, try using one of JIRA's "helper" tools.

The Permission Helper uncovers why a user can or cannot interact with an issue.  For example, a user isn't in a needed group or project role.

Use this tool to start any permission investigation.

permission-helper-blank.png

You can check for the "Assignable User" permission this way as well as manually in the permission scheme.

This tool is also in the "Admin" menu of an issue's view screen.

0 votes
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2017

Hi Anup - The first thing to do is to check that your user (or a group/role they are part of) has been granted the 'Assignable user' permission in your project.

Suggest an answer