I am unable to see Close, Resolve and other workflow buttons on just 2 issues

I have created many issues and changed their statuses through workflow buttons but there are two issues which does not show ANY of the workflow button.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments Closed

It was a fault at my end. The problem was:

an issue is already in "In Progress" status and I removed all the transitions associated with that status. Therefore there was no workflow appearing further for all the issues which are in "In Progress" status. I just created a new workflow and assigned my project to the new one.

Thanks all.

I am facing same issue, and i have checked all transitions, workflow condition and everything is fine.

I have JIRA admin permission.

JIRA version: 7.0.3

Plaese suggest.

If you have no outgoing transitions at all, try running the integrity checker.  If you do have one or more transitions going out, then you have missed something when you checked the workflow.

if you are facing only for specific issues then you can do Integrity Checker, check this for more info

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Database+Integrity+Checker

if you have same behaviour for all issues check anyconditions are added and also check close and resolve permission on project permission scheme

Unable to find integrity checker from the steps mentioned in the link you provided.

what is the jira version?

do you have jira admin permission?

Before running off looking for the integrity check, please also follow Rambanam's second piece of advice - check the conditions on the workflow transitions from "in progress"

Hello Asma,

run this query it will fix all the issue which has the stated problem.

UPDATE os_wfentry SET state = 1 WHERE state = 0;

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,075 views 13 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot