I am unable to see Close, Resolve and other workflow buttons on just 2 issues

Asma Wakeel November 26, 2013

I have created many issues and changed their statuses through workflow buttons but there are two issues which does not show ANY of the workflow button.

3 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

1 vote
Answer accepted
Asma Wakeel January 22, 2014

It was a fault at my end. The problem was:

an issue is already in "In Progress" status and I removed all the transitions associated with that status. Therefore there was no workflow appearing further for all the issues which are in "In Progress" status. I just created a new workflow and assigned my project to the new one.

Thanks all.

Asha.Ahirwar June 20, 2017

I am facing same issue, and i have checked all transitions, workflow condition and everything is fine.

I have JIRA admin permission.

JIRA version: 7.0.3

Plaese suggest.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 20, 2017

If you have no outgoing transitions at all, try running the integrity checker.  If you do have one or more transitions going out, then you have missed something when you checked the workflow.

Like Tej Poudel likes this
0 votes
gagan m s January 22, 2018

Hello Asma,

run this query it will fix all the issue which has the stated problem.

UPDATE os_wfentry SET state = 1 WHERE state = 0;

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

if you are facing only for specific issues then you can do Integrity Checker, check this for more info

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+the+Database+Integrity+Checker

if you have same behaviour for all issues check anyconditions are added and also check close and resolve permission on project permission scheme

Asma Wakeel November 26, 2013

Unable to find integrity checker from the steps mentioned in the link you provided.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2013

what is the jira version?

do you have jira admin permission?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2013

Before running off looking for the integrity check, please also follow Rambanam's second piece of advice - check the conditions on the workflow transitions from "in progress"