I am unable to search using custom field.

Jagjeet Randhawa December 28, 2015

Here is the API I am using

https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project=UWS&customfield_10803=abcd&maxResults=2&fields='assignee,status,resolution'

The API returns the latest tickets for that project not taking into account the value of the custom field value specified in the API.

4 answers

1 vote
joachimbollen
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

You'll need to make a correct JQL statement to include the custom field like

https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/search?jql=project%3DUWS%20AND%20customfield_10803%3Dabcd&maxResults=2&fields='assignee,status,resolution'

So concatenating the search parameters to a string and url-encoding it instead of adding another field to the request.

0 votes
Sam Huawey December 28, 2015

What I usually do with REST search is first I try to put the JQL into the Advanced search in JIRA. As Joachim mentioned, your JQL is incorrect - it only searches for all of the issues in project UWS. What you really need is something like this:

project=UWS AND customfield_10803=abcd

If you enter this string in advanced searching, you will also have a chance to check the syntax. The '=' operator works with selections only, if your custom field contains text, you need to use '~'.

Jagjeet Randhawa December 29, 2015

I already tried this before posting the question here :) However it gives me an error response saying"Field 'customfield_10803' does not exist or you do not have permission to view it." But I know that this field exists because this is in the response when I try using https://company.atlassian.net/rest/api/2/field . Part of Response: {"id":"customfield_10803","name":"Impacted Client(s)","custom":true,"orderable":true,"navigable":true,"searchable":true,"clauseNames":["cf[10803]","Impacted Client(s)"],"schema":{"type":"array","items":"option","custom":"com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.customfieldtypes:multiselect","customId":10803}},

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

As said, use the NAME not the ID

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2015

Are you actually using the "Custom Field Name" name instead of the "Custom Field ID"? If not, can you try that?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2015

What happens when you search using the same JQL in JIRA directly?

Suggest an answer