I am unable to move tasks across lanes :(

rob kenific August 14, 2017

Here is the note that pops every time I attempt ~ "Something isn't letting us move DOC-552 to Done. Ask your project administrator to check the workflow settings and transition conditions."

4 answers

1 vote
Michael Halleck March 15, 2021

I stumbled on a solution.  Here is my scenario:

Classic Software Project.  I was creating new issue types in a different window.  When I went back to my board window, I was able to create an instance of the new issue type, but got that error when dragging to a different column.  All permissions were setup correctly.

F5 Refreshing the board window seemed to resolve the issue.  No problem dragging the new issue type into different columns afterwards.

Hope that might help someone.

John Mikel Amiel Regida April 16, 2021

This fixes it, just refresh the board

1 vote
GameDev March 3, 2021

This is a bug within Jira i think. I am on the Atlassian Universities paid "Jira Essentials" course and the last module "Putting it all together" the Tutor moves a issue from "Selected for Development" into "Analyse" which he asked us to create (next to it are "Build", "Verify" & "Done" tabs). In the video he moves a sample issue from SFD into Analyse but when i do it i go tthe error message above that this user posted. I had not done anything except assign me as Administrator with full access.

Anyway putting Nics suggestion in worked (Move it to Done). I did and it moved OK. I then could move that sample issue to "Analyse" fine, "Build" fine and "Verify" fine. Basically it worked. Sometimes Jira doesnt update the screen, even though i refreshed many times yet doing this simple act fixed it. I had not changed a thing. Just put it in done first to test it.

Bug.

0 votes
Jim Grill May 3, 2022

2022... just wasted an hour trying to figure this out. And all this time I only needed to refresh the board page. Thank you, Atlassian. :-(

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 14, 2017

If you go to DOC-552 in plain JIRA, do you have the option to transition it into the status in the "done" column?  (There's a good chance the status in Done is just "done", but it might not be)

If there is no option to make it done, then you'll want your admin to look into the conditions on the workflow.

If there is an option, try it, do you get warnings or errors?

rob kenific August 14, 2017

Thank you so much for your time. Actually, I couldn't move any task! But the other administrator was tinkering with the settings for our service desk and inadvertently did something that she was able to back track and fix.

Thanks again for taking the time

Rob

hitesh kumar dewangan February 28, 2018

same issue , i am not able to even move it to in progress. Can some one help

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 28, 2018

Check the conditions on the transitions, and that you have the permission to perform them (including "transition issue" - I suspect that's what went wrong with Rob's setup above.

Like John Anthony likes this
Joe Cole February 4, 2019

All,

I had this same issue today. I edited the permission schema under the "transitions" section and all is good. Specifically, I changed the permission to "anyone" (which fits my use-case).

Thanks for the help!

Like Manuel Garcia likes this

Suggest an answer