I am unable to download the backup zip file.

Mehboob Alavi August 19, 2015

I have admin rights but when I select the filename.zip - it asks for username/password which it does not like.

Today is the last day for me to export the file before my account gets deleted.

Thank you

4 answers

1 vote
Miro Janosik September 6, 2016

After spending 15 minutes on it I have found that I have to enter "admin" as username and my account's password as password. This allowed me to download the zip file!

Also, if you can't download the file because browser remembers your previously entered wrong credentials then you can solve it by going to your browser's history and 'delete history'. Or you can use a browser which you usually do not use.

0 votes
Deleted user June 1, 2016

This seems to be unresolved and I found at least one other thread with the same issue. I'm trying to download the backup ZIP file for the first time and this is what I get. I have every admin right possible to assign to my user and I just reset my password. I've tried three different browsers with the exact same effect:

Authorization Required

This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2015

Can you check the permissions of the file in the filesystem. Is there the read permission configured.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 20, 2015

It's Cloud, they can't do that.

Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2015

Oh. Thank you Nic

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2015

Can you still log into the system with the same username and password?  Are you using an admin account?

Mehboob Alavi August 19, 2015

Yes, I am able to login.  And yes I am using an admin account.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 19, 2015

Ok, I'd strongly recommend you raise this with Atlassian support as soon as possible!

Mehboob Alavi August 20, 2015

As an FYI.  I just lost the access and have lost all the stuff related to my test environment.

I have not been able to download the backup file.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 20, 2015

Did you raise the call with Support?

Suggest an answer