I am trying to link Jira to Alexa, anyone tried this before?

Will O_Dwyer November 11, 2018

I am trying to link Jira to Alexa, anyone tried this before? The purpose is so that I can ask what people are working on, time used etc.

1 answer

1 vote
Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2018

Hi @Will O_Dwyer

Welcome to the community!

This is the first time I am hearing people want to have Alexa linked to Jira.

My personal opinion for your requirement is not to have Alexa to do that.

But there are other viable options where you can use voice assist to create new issues from a hospital reception desk for instance from where patients can generate their own tickets that gets processed or something like that.

Else we can have voice assist to search Confluence and get us the relevant information.

However from a enterprise point of view, I would consider security pretty seriously and thus I wouldnt want any third party gadgets to know what my instance has. So a strict No No from me if this is a corporate environment.

And I did browse on this and there are couple of plugins from Atlassian marketplace to assist you with this. But if security is your key point, do not go for this.

There is a plugin that I could find but it is unsupported.

But it is a good path to have some research though!

Will O_Dwyer November 12, 2018

thanks @Vinu I agree it is not suitable for enterprises and security is a big issue. We are a small shop (9 people) so we are not too worried about this aspect yet and we would want to tokenize any data traffic.
We use Alexa as a tool to link to NetSuite so am keen to see if we can link to Alexa also and merge tasks.

I will keep trying and will pay attention to security!

Vinu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2018

Hi @Will O_Dwyer

Thats fantastic. I do see its a grt possibility. I did browse a little and found many have tried to have this function.

Some youtube videos and external sites came up. I have not tried this on my own, but I am thinking to work on it this weekend. Will let you know if I find something.

And lets also wait if someone else in the community have done this!!

Best!

Will O_Dwyer November 22, 2020

Still working on this, I have a solution via NetSuite which sort of works!

Suggest an answer