• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am trying to import tickets form other ticketing system to jira iam getting an error like not matching key with selected project while configuring feilds

I am trying to import tickets form other ticketing system to jira iam getting an error like not matching key with selected project while configuring feilds

Shiva Prasad April 29, 2015

I created a new project with Exact key of  other tickets

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2015

Could you give us the actual error you are getting?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2015

Oops, sorry Joe, I didn't read the question like that, but it makes more sense than what I was guessing at. Jira won't import issue ids you give it because it creates issues sequentially in the project. The only time an issue id is of use in an import is when it is the id of an existing issue in JIRA and you want to *update* that issue, not create a new one. As Joe says, to preserve your "foreign" non-JIRA ids, map the issue id into a custom field.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 29, 2015

Are you trying to import the ticket number into the JIRA ticket number? You can't do that. When I import I create a field named something like 'old number' and import the old key into that field and only put it on the view screen.

Suggest an answer