I am trying to get answers to the following security questions.

Christopher Fani March 20, 2017

I am trying to get answers to the following security questions for JIRA Cloud / OnDemand

• How will our service be segregated from other customers?
  • Is our data encrypted at rest?  I know it is in transit.
  • Does Atlassian scan your internet application(s), if so how frequently?
  • Does Atlassian perform attack and penetration security testing on their perimeter, if so how frequently?
  • Is attack and penetration testing incorporated into the release schedule when new application changes are released?  (we are looking to understand what formal process an internet application goes through when changes are introduced and if vulnerabilities are found are they remediated before the website is allowed to launch the new changes to the internet.)

I can't seem to get anyone from Atlassian to answer these.  I know some of this is on the website, but not all.  

1 answer

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2017

I know they do a lot of this, but we cannot formally answer that as we're just end users, like yourself.

Have you raised these questions directly with support?

Christopher Fani March 21, 2017

Thanks for the response. 

10 different ways.  Pretty frustrated and maybe forced off because they can't / won't answer these questions. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2017

I'd be surprised if a support request didn't get you anything at all (although maybe not so surprised if it were just pointers back to the stuff you've already found that fails to answer the questions in full).  Did you take that route?

Suggest an answer