I am trying to figure out a query that will return the assignee who changed an issues status.

Ethan Forrest December 8, 2017

I am trying to create a query that will provide the name of the assignee that changed the status of an issue. Right now the query I am running is returning the status changes, but with the current assignee not the team member who made the actual change. Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ethan Forrest

1 answer

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

Natively, without any addons you may just try the following JQL:

status CHANGED BY <username>

You may narrow the kind of change by adding FROM  <status> and/or TO <status>, but it needs to be queried on a per user basis.

Of course, you can also filter by project or any other fields to get the info you are looking for.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2017

You may also add AFTER <date> and/or BEFORE <date> next to "status CHANGED" in order to narrow the time frame when the modification was made.

Ethan Forrest December 11, 2017

Thanks everyone. Still running into the problem that the query returns the current assignee of an issue, not the user who made the change of status. 

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2017

That's only doable by using a plugin.

Here you have how to do it with the help of JIRA Suite Utilities (JSU) addon:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/How-to-set-current-user-in-custom-field-in-my-WorkFlow-Post/qaq-p/389110

It requires:

• Creating a custom field for storing the username
  • Set a post-function (provided by JSU) in the workflow transitions where you would like the value of that field to be updated.

Of course, you can create several custom fields if you need to store the username of the user who performed a different trsnsition from the same workflow. 

Hope it helps.

Suggest an answer