I am trying to develop an atlassian connect jira plugin. How to connect with jira ondemand database?

Prathyusha Gali November 13, 2017

I am trying to develop an Atlassian connect jira plugin with Atlassian cloud spring boot connect framework. How to connect to jira on-demand database? Can I connect or connect? How is data stored in jira? which database is used?

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Correct as far as I can understand. How about you yell us what data you're trying to retrieve? 

I want to calculate something, let it be X.  For that, I need the number of review defects per month where review defect is an issue type.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2017

Understood.

Simply using the Search API while searching for 'type = Defect AND created < startOfMonth(-1)' should return you a count of all defects created in this month. 

The API you have available to you is Jira Connect and JIRA REST. Outside of that I can't comment. 

Okay, thank you for your valuable information. Very helpful.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

Happy to help

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

You cannot connect to the database of a Jira Cloud instance.

The only data you may store in Jira Cloud is on Issue Properties. All other data must be stored by you in your app, in your database. 

Then how can I fetch the data from JIRA cloud instance?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

Please read Steven's answer again.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2017

Via the REST API. 

Okay, only via the REST API. And if there is no existing predefined API, then I cannot fetch my data. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

You are correct.  Forget about the database, your only access to data in a Connect add-on (or other external systems) is the REST API.

Suggest an answer