I am trying to develop an atlassian connect jira plugin. How to connect with jira ondemand database?

I am trying to develop an Atlassian connect jira plugin with Atlassian cloud spring boot connect framework. How to connect to jira on-demand database? Can I connect or connect? How is data stored in jira? which database is used?

2 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Nov 13, 2017

You cannot connect to the database of a Jira Cloud instance.

The only data you may store in Jira Cloud is on Issue Properties. All other data must be stored by you in your app, in your database. 

Then how can I fetch the data from JIRA cloud instance?

Please read Steven's answer again.

Via the REST API. 

Okay, only via the REST API. And if there is no existing predefined API, then I cannot fetch my data. Please correct me, if I am wrong.

You are correct.  Forget about the database, your only access to data in a Connect add-on (or other external systems) is the REST API.

0 votes

Correct as far as I can understand. How about you yell us what data you're trying to retrieve? 

I want to calculate something, let it be X.  For that, I need the number of review defects per month where review defect is an issue type.

Understood.

Simply using the Search API while searching for 'type = Defect AND created < startOfMonth(-1)' should return you a count of all defects created in this month. 

The API you have available to you is Jira Connect and JIRA REST. Outside of that I can't comment. 

Okay, thank you for your valuable information. Very helpful.

Happy to help

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

26,058 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you