I am trying to deactivate a user but I can not figure out how

I am aware that only certain versions of Jira allow for deactivating a user, but I am unable to discern which version I have. Where can I get that information and how do I deactivate a user.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

If you are running JIRA < 6.0, you can disable users by removing them from all groups. Since JIRA 6 you can disable users by navigating to Administration » Users, click on Edit next to the user you are trying to disable, and select the checkbox - see this page.

Jira version is printed at the bottom of (almost) every page in Jira. Scroll down.

If it's not there, then look in Admin -> System information.

Then read the appropriate user maintenance doc for the version you're on.

ah. Thank you both for your help. I am running < 6.0 but was able to remove the user from the groups to deactivate them.

I'm glad to hear that. :)

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

135 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you