I am trying to add a scripted custom field to confluence Calendar Event issue type single date list?

George November 27, 2017

I have created two scripted custom fields searcher: Date Time Range Picker and Template Date Time. I am trying to get these scripted fields to be shown in the Confluence Calendar Add Event option that allows me to set an Event type Issue Date. My scripted fields have output in this format 12/Nov/17 12:00 AM , but it does not appear under the single date section as seen below.  

event1.PNG

If I use a custom filed Date Picker or Date Time Picker it is shows up under the Single Date section.

field1.PNGfield2.PNG

Can someone tell me what I am missing here.

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Hi George,

From what I understand you cannot do this.  Take a look at the knowledge base article Add JIRA Events:

Notes

• You can't add content to JIRA calendars as they source all of their date information from the JIRA system. To add issues and version deadlines, add them in the JIRA application's interface.

Hopefully this clears things up.  I have not seen any mention of this being added so I would recommend going to JAC and creating a Suggestion ticket for Confluence to have this functionality added in the future.  Once you do that please post the link to the ticket here so the Community can vote on it!

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer