I am trying to add a customer but get message saying cant send mail

copenhagenbynight October 20, 2016

I am trying to add a customer but get message saying cant send mail, it only one email and i correct email 

i think the error is i did add him as user first but then deleted him can i cant re add him how to solve

2 answers

0 votes
Martin Cleaver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2018

I'd asked the same question to Support.

Here's what they said:

Looking at your user management, these email addresses are assigned to inactive users as you stated. The way the system works is that it will still see that email account even when creating a customer only account.

There are three options here:

1. Delete the account completely from JIRA User Management and add as a customer
  2. Activate the account again, remove all Application access. This should allow the user to utilize JIRA Service Desk as a customer
  3. Change the email address in user management of the inactive user to something else
0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2016

Go to Administration > User management on the top right corner, then clear the filter so you see inactive users. Search for the email address, it might already be used by an inactive user account. You need to either reactive, or delete and re-create this user.

Suggest an answer