I am the project lead on a project but cannot create tasks against it

Marla T January 7, 2015

Not sure where your support is ... my our JIRA admin made me the lead on a project but it's not showing up in my list of "All Projects" and I can't create tasks.

It's slowing us down ...

Also, where IS your support?

5 answers

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 28, 2017

Now that you're an admin you can look at the permission scheme in use for the project. Actions are very granular and you must be granted the Create permission in the permission scheme. It sounds like your role doesn't have that permission. Just being a JIRA admin has no effect you your role in projects.  As an admin, I don't have any role in most projects because I don't need it to administer the schemes, workflows, fields, etc. that make up the project. 

1 vote
Dave
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 7, 2015

Hi Marla,

It sounds like a permissions issue; if you don't have the Browse Projects permission for that project, you won't be able to see it there.  If you're an admin, you can get to it from the gear icon in the upper right by choosing Projects.  Your JIRA admin should be able to sort those permissions out for you - details can be found at the Managing Project Permissions page at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

If your admin needs to contact Atlassian Support, that can be done at https://support.atlassian.com

Cheers,

-dave

0 votes
pb
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 27, 2017
0 votes
Marla T January 7, 2015

I'm lead on Paragon and HHT, but only Paragon and Planet Tran show up on my list.

I am an admin now, so the link you sent me about permission schemes isn't relevant.  

I simply need to be able to create a ticket for HHT ... grrrrrr .... 

0 votes
Marla T January 7, 2015
That is not working.  This is very frustrating.  I am the project lead AND I am now a Jira admin for my company but I am still not able to add tickets for this project.
Why is this so difficult?  Create a project, make a person a lead, they can create tickets.  Simple.  Why is this not working?
15 project for our company.  I'm lead for 2 of them, but the correct 2 don't even show up on my list. 
See screen shots - this is slowing us down.  Screen shot 2015-01-07 at 8.37.58 AM.png

Suggest an answer