I am the admin on my account but can't install an add on

For some reason when I go look at the account information it says that noreply@atlassian.com is the system admin, but I am set up as the administrator.

When I try to install an add on I am not getting the link that allows me to install it.

7 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

Actually, here it says you can:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=315326753&from=PQIYDw

I am trying to add a free trial for a commercial add on.

It states:

Atlassian OnDemand comes with a set of bundled add-ons for applications in OnDemand. Unlike on-premises Atlassian applications, you cannot install add-ons to an OnDemand instance. However, you can extend your OnDemand Atlassian application by enabling or disabling bundled add-ons.

Yep, thanks for your help.

Hi Franci,

There are two levels of JIRA administrators.

JIRA System administrators

JIRA Administrators

Make sure you have System Administrator rights

Hi Franci, have you tried changing the account information? Are you trying to install an add on from the JIRA UI?

Assuming you are using the Download version and not OnDemand

I am using the OnDeman version. I can't make myself a system admin.

Franci, then that's the problem. With OD version you can't install add ons.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,523 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you