I am testing JIRA Service Desk. How do I modify the Component/s (autocomplete renderer) field to control what is auto-suggested?

Roy Savio Athayde November 6, 2015

Right now I see Intranet, JIRA, and Public website but I can't find a way to change those values.

I know Component/s is not a custom field.

Thanks,

Savio

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adam Saint-Prix
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 7, 2015

Hi Savio,

I think what you are interested in is how to define components for a Project. Have a look at this and see if it doesn't help you to change the values: https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/defining-a-component-185729533.html

Cheers,

Adam

Roy Savio Athayde November 8, 2015

Thanks, Adam. I was looking to edit Component/s as a field and didn't realize that it is treated separately and the values are picked up directly from the listed components.

Neha Damania November 13, 2018

I am trying to do the same but not sure where the list is coming from. in the jira service desk project in cloud i do not see any components on the project panne. i see the default values pre populated as per attached screen but need to modify them. Capture.PNG 

Mike McNamara November 16, 2018

Neha, to edit the list of values you need to go to the Project Settings for your service desk project. Then from the left sidebar click on Components. This will bring up a list that matches what you see in the drop down. You can add/edit/delete items, and your drop down will change accordingly.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer