I downloaded and exploring JIRA trial version but facing below issue.
1) Is it possible to estimate task/story points in Kanban project.
2) I am not able to see any field which creating tasks.
3) Estimation tab is not available in Board-> Configure
1. Estimates are a Scrum thing, not Kanban. You can add story points and/or estimates by adjusting the fields available on the issues, but it won't mean anything to the Kanban board other than "here's another field". To use estimates in full, try creating a Scrum board
2. I don't understand this question. Fields don't create tasks, users do - I'm not sure what you are doing, or expecting.
3. See 1.
So if i am getting you right, what you are saying is :
In Kanban, we can't have any original estimate like thing. Only we can log efforts against those later while in progress and move them in appropriate state like ToDo/In Progress/Completed.
In nutshell, we are using Kanban only because we don't have any effort visisbility about the issue/task. Please confirm my understanding and thanks a lot for your response
I'm saying that you can have the estimates on the issues, and log time against them too, which means you can still do reporting and tracking on estimates and times.
But, Kanban does not care about those estimates, the methodology for Kanban is a simple flow of "stuff comes in, we deal with it, and close it", and hence it does not report on the estimates, because they don't matter to Kanban.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs