• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am not able to see Script Runner within the add on list. What is the reason behind? Should I have JIRA production version in order to see & install it?

I am not able to see Script Runner within the add on list. What is the reason behind? Should I have JIRA production version in order to see & install it?

Szilvia Képesi January 14, 2015

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Script runner is not on the list of addons that is supported on Cloud.

It's only available for Server versions of Jira

Szilvia Képesi January 14, 2015

Hi Nic, thanks for the answer. I guessed that it is not availble under the version that we have:( Is there any other way to run scripts? For example how can i unclock fields..or set custom events in workflows

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 14, 2015

Custom events in workflows is standard functionality in Jira - go to admin -> Events and add the new events, then edit the "fire event" post-functions in the workflow to fire your new events. You can't unlock the fields yourself - I think you have to raise that with Cloud support if you need to do it.

Szilvia Képesi January 15, 2015

thx again:)

under custom events I understood custom events related to custom fields which might be change when a specific transition happens. For example: when the tester put the issue to acceptance test status then the field of "acceptance test complition date" would automatically would get filled out. if the tester push the acceptance test failed then the "result of acceptance test " would get set with failed value.

i read something like to this special listeners needs to defined. 

how would this work with the already available event options? I know how to add events and how to fire them but for the above issue i did not find solution.

Many thanks,

Szilvi

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 15, 2015

No. Events are fired when things happen to issues. They have nothing to do with fields (directly) Listeners do catch events and can be made to make changes to issues when they execute, but you need some coding for that, and Cloud mostly won't let you do that. However, your requirements are actually simple and you don't need to worry about events or listeners. Both your field updates are being made as a result of a user pushing an issue through a transition in the workflow. Instead of making complex event/listener combinations, all you need to do is add a post-function on your transitions to set the field you want. I think you need the Jira Suite Utilities addon enabled (free and available for Cloud), and you'll find you can set a post function of "set custom field value" and you can use the date of "now" in it.

Suggest an answer