I am not able to change from project category

Arnold Asinas May 25, 2021

Hi Team,

I am not able to change the JIRA project category from software to business  . Project Type is not visible  

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Hi @Arnold Asinas and welcome to the Community,

Maybe you are in a team-managed project. In there, project type is not visible indeed.

If your project is company-managed, then you should see the project type listed in project settings > details. However, the project type is not editable. There is an info link displayed right next to it with instructions on how to update project type:

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 11.29.04.png

Essentially, this comes down to creating a new project of the correct project type and then bulk moving your issues from the old to the new project.

The link from the screenshot above goes to the instructions in this support article

Arnold Asinas May 25, 2021

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply . In Project settings , I can see only Category 

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

That probably means your project is a team-managed project (you can check in the bottom left corner of your screen, where it says "you're in a team-managed project".

The option to switch to a different project type is not available there. The procedure to migrate your issues into a new project is still available in that case, but be aware that certain data may get lost during the move (More info on that in this support article).

Suggest an answer