I am not able to access Burndown report

Apurva Singh February 14, 2019

Hi Have recently joined Jira with a free account to check if it is right for my agile development team and trying to run a sample project (Smart Weather).

When I am accessing reports section then I am only able to see Burn Up report and Velocity report but not the BURN DOWN report which is the most important report for my project. 

Can you please let me know how I can add Burn Down report in to my reports dashboard?

1 answer

0 votes
Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

looks like you are in a next-gen project. do you see this on your main project page in left below corner. if yes it is a next-genproject. next-gen project are basically a new project type that atlassian recently created for teams new with JIRA. they are easy to set up , configure. however they are still work in progress and won't have the full features offered by CLASSIC projects. 

if you want to see all the reports and bells and whistles create the classic projects.

hope this helps

chrome_2019-02-15_09-48-21.png

Apurva Singh February 14, 2019

Hi Gurpreet,

Can you give me any idea of the timeline when the Burn Down report would be available.

Alternatively is it possible to transfer the project from Next-gen to Classic project without recreating it manually? May be through data dump and upload or any other process?

Please help.

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2019

i have no idea regarding the timeline. however you can check the new upcoming features here on this link

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Next-gen-articles/What-s-coming-soon-for-next-gen-projects-in-Jira-Software-Cloud/ba-p/894784

you cannot convert next-gen project to classic project. 

Gurpreet
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2019

you might be able to move the issues from next-gen to classic via bulk move but i am not sure. for this you need to create a classic projects first. and then go to bulk move issues option and see if it works for you . 

hope this helps

Kevin Bui
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 14, 2019

Further to @Gurpreet's point, there's a guide here if you want to move your issues from a next-gen project to a classic project.

Gabriele Franck
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2019

Hey, @Apurva Singh 

Although we don't have an ETA for Burn Down report to be available in next-gen projects, we do have a feature request to our dev team to implement this report there: Kanban reports in next-gen projects.

If this is something you would like to see in next-gen, I strongly recommend you to vote for this feature. 

Besides that, since the next-gen project is still under development, you follow up which features are being worked by our dev team for now in our roadmap page for next gen: Next-gen roadmap for Jira Software Cloud.

Let me know if this helps! :)

Gabi

Suggest an answer