• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • I am missing 10% of my ticket logging in my service desk queue. All these are sent to my configured support email id.

I am missing 10% of my ticket logging in my service desk queue. All these are sent to my configured support email id.

3 answers

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 16, 2016

Can you explain this more, what is the issue?

We have recently configured JIRA service desk for our organisation and are using this for our IT support services. We have enabled users to log tickets via email (our Organisation internal email id ) and a website. 

We are having a peculiar challenge with the email tickets, as users are sending emails to the support id we are receiving tickets into JIRA queues and as an email to the mail box(since this is an email).

The problem is we are missing about 10%-15% of the tickets on each day in Service desk queue. We are able to get all tickets as emails to mail box but we are not finding the ticket in the queue.  These are are happening at random. Can we get help?

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Steven Behnke Community Champion Mar 16, 2016

You might consider opening an issue with Atlassian – https://support.atlassian.com

Typically when you connect JIRA to a email inbox, JIRA 'consumes' the email (removes it). Could you expand a little bit on how the email set up is configured?

There should be an error logged somewhere. I would start with JIRA. Since you are on JIRA Cloud, you must work with Atlassian Support to track the issue though the logs.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,182 views 16 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you