I am having issues with request type. can any one call me on <removed>

IT Support August 9, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Receiving requests by email

I am having issues with request type. can any one call me on <removed>

My requirement is,

If someone sends an email to my <removed> and it can be create a ticket on my JIRA server and at the same time the sender can get notification , like the ticket has been created.

Appreciate if anyone help on this task.

I am very new to Jira.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Harish Kallem

<removed>

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2016

This is not how a forum works.  You ask questions to be discussed in public, not for us to contact you privately.

Anyway.  Yes, what you need to do is set up a connection to your inbox, then a "handler" to tell JIRA what to do with incoming email.  Then you configure the target project to send a "notification" out to the "reporter" (and anyone else who needs it).  Start at https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver071/creating-issues-and-comments-from-email-802592933.html

IT Support August 10, 2016

Hi Nic,

Thanks for the information and finally i did it successfully and i have one more question.

1. When someone sends an email to support, it is creating a ticket in JIRA server - Working fine
  2. User is not receiving any confirmation email - Need to solve this
  3. When i am replying/commenting on that ticket the user is getting confirmation/update mail  - Working fine

I need only 2nd point to be done. can you please provide me the assistance or give me your contact number.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Harish Kallem

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 10, 2016

You haven't set the reporter to get "issue created"

Suggest an answer