• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am getting "This page is only available to Service Desk users. If you think you should be a Service Desk user, you should ask your administrator to give you application access to Service Desk" when I try to modify my customer portal.

I am getting "This page is only available to Service Desk users. If you think you should be a Service Desk user, you should ask your administrator to give you application access to Service Desk" when I try to modify my customer portal.

Gerald Johnson January 4, 2016

I cant seem to get past this error.  What am I missing?  I am an admin.

4 answers

0 votes
Derek Sheeman September 8, 2016

I don't recall exactly which permission I had stepping on things, but I had put the JIRA Software default permission scheme on a Service Desk project and it broke access.  The two default schemes are quite different.  I think what I did was to modify the Service Desk permission scheme to add jira-software-users to the Browse Issue permission as well as to comments, but that may be there for collaborators by default.  I recommend looking at the two default permission schemes for software and service desk side by side, that helped me trace out the differences.

0 votes
Jennifer Ping September 8, 2016

I'm having this problem, too.  I can't open anything related to the service desk portal without getting the above error.  What setting in the permissions schemes needs to be changed?  I'm an admin and on the service team as well.  It appears that all the permissions include one or the other.

0 votes
Derek Sheeman February 9, 2016

Check your Permission Schemes.  The default created by Service Desk Projects is very different from the JIRA default.  This is what was causing my errors.

0 votes
Derek Sheeman February 9, 2016

I am seeing the same problem in one of my projects as well, I don't see how to get around it.  I'm in all the roles and user groups.

Suggest an answer