I am getting error, JIRA Startup failed - The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

I am getting error, JIRA Startup failed - The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
  • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
  • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
  • Please help. I have stopped service and then also tried as error. How do i access jira locally?

5 answers

Hello Ooshmi,

I think that the problem you are having here is related to the plugins being timedout. Can you try to add the following line to your startup arguements:

-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300

And then restart your JIRA instance to check whether that solves the problem or not?

For Linux add the following line after EXECUTABLE= in the startup.sh file:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300"

oosmi

does the server have any firewall or anti virus blocking JIRA. disable it for some tile to validate this point.

this Kb might be of helphttp://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Fails+to+Start+Due+to+Bundled+Plugin+is+Disabled

Hi ooshmi,

This doesn't sound like a SourceTree issue to me, could you edit your tags to reflect JIRA instead?

Thanks

Are you using a test version of JIRA? This error occured at my test machine after expiration of JIRA test license ...

I am using trial version of jira. First time when I used this getting etror.

What specs are the server? Maybe it's too slow to run it causing the timeouts?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

164 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you