I am getting error, JIRA Startup failed - The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

ooshmi sahoo June 13, 2013

I am getting error, JIRA Startup failed - The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started:

• Embedded Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.embedded)
  • Gadget Dashboard Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard)
  • Gadget Directory Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.directory)
  • Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin (com.atlassian.jira.gadgets)
  • Please help. I have stopped service and then also tried as error. How do i access jira locally?

5 answers

2 votes
AlaA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2013

Hello Ooshmi,

I think that the problem you are having here is related to the plugins being timedout. Can you try to add the following line to your startup arguements:

-Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300

And then restart your JIRA instance to check whether that solves the problem or not?

MikeH October 2, 2013

For Linux add the following line after EXECUTABLE= in the startup.sh file:

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Datlassian.plugins.enable.wait=300"

1 vote
A June 19, 2013

oosmi

does the server have any firewall or anti virus blocking JIRA. disable it for some tile to validate this point.

this Kb might be of helphttp://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/JIRA+Fails+to+Start+Due+to+Bundled+Plugin+is+Disabled

0 votes
ooshmi sahoo June 19, 2013
I am using trial version of jira. First time when I used this getting etror.
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 19, 2013

What specs are the server? Maybe it's too slow to run it causing the timeouts?

0 votes
Johannes Kilian
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2013

Are you using a test version of JIRA? This error occured at my test machine after expiration of JIRA test license ...

0 votes
KieranA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2013

Hi ooshmi,

This doesn't sound like a SourceTree issue to me, could you edit your tags to reflect JIRA instead?

Thanks

Suggest an answer