I am a Jira Admin yet it says I do not have access and need to speak with a Jira Admin

stephen walcott May 29, 2012

When attempting certain operations, such as creating a new dashboard: Jira will refuse me access on the grounds that I do not have permissions.

I am a member of the administrators group, and the administrators group is a member of Jira Administrators.

I can do most types of admin tasks.. but a few deny me like this.
Do I have something configured incorrectly?

Thanks,

-Stephen

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
stephen walcott May 30, 2012

Apparently create new dashboard requires Jira-User permission along with admin rights

0 votes
Julien Chatellier May 26, 2014

Confirmed - it turns out you need to be a "User" to be able to share dashboards and queries, even if you are already an Administrator.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2012

Being an admin doesn't give you all permissions. You should have Create User and Create Shared Objects global permissions to create and share dashboards, filters etc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

stephen walcott May 29, 2012

I had those permissions.. However apparently I was not a member of the Jira Users group. Odd since I could do all of the basic user tasks, but not some of the admin tasks.

Suggest an answer