• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • I am a JIRA Administrator for our application. A users would like to have "story points" display when they create "Task" issue type. Is this possible and if so, would you be able to provide instructions?

I am a JIRA Administrator for our application. A users would like to have "story points" display when they create "Task" issue type. Is this possible and if so, would you be able to provide instructions?

Pamela Wilmore July 24, 2015

2 answers

1 vote
HarryH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2015

You can add the "Story points" in your create screen.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2015

If you're not sure how to do that, see https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Fields+and+Screens - it's a bit long and detailed, but you might need all of it, depending on how your system has been configured. There are three things you need to do to get a field to appear for an issue, the doc covers them all, but briefly, they are screens, field config and context. It's likely that the field config is ok, but the context is often defaulted to "put story points on stories and features only", and I can't remember what the defaults for screens are, so you shoudl check them anyway.

0 votes
Magic Mike
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2015

Hi @Pamela Wilmore,

Do you have JIRA Agile installed?

Did you set your project as an Agile project?

If your are not using user stories type you might not have the field story points displayed, and you better follow Harry's instruction to display it. Otherwise when on an issue, you can use the "where is my field?" action to know why it is not displayed and follow JIRA instruction to do so.

Let me know if that help,

Best regards,

Mike

Suggest an answer