I added issue , but I get a message " They have been added but won't appear in your board yet"

Roberto León Gómez November 3, 2017

How long will they take to appear backlog?  Is this some type of a joke, it's the first software that I see that say's this  ? What the point of adding them if I can't see them in the Kanban board?

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Hi @Roberto León Gómez,

Good one, right? ;-)

It depends; your board is normally based on a filter. If the newly created issue does not match the filter criteria, it will not appear on the board until you make it comply with the filter criteria.

Or, the initial status of your newly created issue is not mapped to the columns of your board.

So have a look at the issue and the configuration of the board. Probably you will find an explanation by comparing the two.

Roberto León Gómez November 3, 2017

Thanks Walter.

I had to go to all the Issue and there they are, but on the Kanban  board they are not in the backlog? I can't make them visible there?

I have not touch the filter at all. I use Jira in a very simple form.

Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 3, 2017

Can you share your board filter and one of the issues that's not showing in your backlog?

Roberto León Gómez November 8, 2017

2017-11-08_19-21-47.pngYou can see the Backlog is empty

2017-11-08_19-33-18.pngAll this issues from 41 - 49 should appear on the Kanban board

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

The box you are pointing at in your screenshot is a search for quick filters.

We need to see

1.  The board filter.  Not a quick filter, but the filter that decides what issues to draw into the board.  It's in the "board config" section

2. An issue you think should be in the backlog, but is not.

I thank you Walter for your help and patience. Sorry it took me so long to reply but right now I don't want to look at Jira. Atlassian is so bad I can't even find where to open a ticket to solve this problem . I am looking to move to Yodiz it's free and never had any problems with them.  

But Atlassian is  very punctual with their bill , I got it today .

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

This community is a good place to get an answer when you are  not seeing how to do something.

Could you tell us what your board is looking at, and give us an example of an issue that you think should be appearing?

Yodiz is quite nice in some ways, but you are going to run into the same problems with it.  You really need to understand the configuration of what you set up with both Jira and Yodiz.

Sorry Nic , I can't seem to find where the board configuration is in order to show you what it look like.

If you can give me a hint where to look for it.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 8, 2017

The ... towards the top right of your board.

I like the idea of using an image to say "look here for config stuff", rather than a block of text, but a quiet ... is a poor way to do it.  I do not know how to improve it.

Suggest an answer